< Previous Page - Home - Index - Next Page >
Osilius, Juskauskas & Lelasius
1. Mr. Lelasius We do not know anything about him except the names of three of his children..
2. i. Katarina Lelasius born 1858?.
3. ii. Magdelena Lelasius .
iii. John Lelasius.
2. Katarina Lelasius , (Mr. Lelasius1 ) born 1858?, died 1897? in Lithuania.
She married Karolis (Carl) Karpauskas .
4. i. Marijona Karpauskaite born 14-Sep-1890.
3. Magdelena Lelasius , (Mr. Lelasius1 ) born in Lithuania, died 1930's in Lithuania. After the death of William she then married William Grinius. He had two sons from a previous marriage, William and Michael. They both came to the US. Magdelena and William had a daughter, Eva. She came to the US with her step-brother Anton.
She married (1) William Osilius , born in Lithuania, baptized in Lithuania, died 1897? in Lithuania, buried in Lithuania. William : Not much is known about this man. I hope that when Lithuanian records become more available that I can do more research on him. He died when Anton was very young and Magdelena married William Grinius. There are still Grinius in that area of Lithuania though it is not known if they are related.
5. i. Anton Peter Osilius born 20-Aug-1890.
ii. Elena Osilius , born in Lithuania.
She married (2) William Grinius , born in Lithuania.
6. iii. William Grinius, born 18-Jan-1890
iv. Michael Grinius.Born 10-Oct-1885. Lived in Rockford, Ill. He married but had no children. He owned a grocery store, was a beer distributer, and then owned a tavern. He died in the late 1950's or early 1960's.
v. Eva Grinius. Born 26-Oct-1888. Died Nov-1974 Peoria, ILL. Came to U.S. with Step-Brother Anton Osilius Oct. 16, 1911 on S.S. Ryndam to Port of New York. Married Joseph Reel. Born 1892 died 16-Oct-1944. Moved to Westville, Ill. after she married.
4. Marijona Karpauskaite , (Katarina 2 Lelasius, Mr. Lelasius1 ) born 14-Sep-1890 in Marijampole, Lithuania, died 15-Aug-1955 in Sheboygan, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, obituary 16-Aug-1955 in Sheboygan Press, buried 18-Aug-1955 in Immaculate Conception Cemetery. Sheboygan, WI, immigrated 1914 to USA. She came from a family of at least 12 children. Some of their names were Vincent, Ursula and John. maden name sometimes listed as Karpauskas.
She married 1913 in Lithuania, John Kondreckis, born 24-May-1886 in Marijampole, Lithuania ?, died 15-Jul-1944 in Sheboygan, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, buried 19-Jul-1944 in Immaculate Conception Cemetery, Sheboygan, Wis. . .John : He probably was born in Marijampole. John was orphaned when he was an infant. He had a brother named George who was a soldier in World War One. Lived in Wilson, Pennsylania at least from 1916 to 1923 before coming to Wisconsin.
7. i. Vincent Carl Kondreck born 26-Apr-1916.
8. ii. Ursula Constance Kondreckis born 02-Jul-1920.
iii. Constance Kondrekis , died at age of 2.
5. Anton Peter Osilius , (Magdelena 2 Lelasius, Mr. Lelasius1 ) born 20-Aug-1890 in Marijampole, Lithuania, [i] , died 14-Jan-1971 in Racine, Racine County, Wisconsin, [iv] buried 16-Jan-1971 in Paris, Kenosha County, Wisconsin, [v] obituary 15-Jan-1971 in Racine Journal Times, Racine, Wisconsin, [vi] immigrated 16-Oct-1911 to Port of New York, See Notes for more information
He married 19-Feb-1917 in Waukegan, Lake County, Illinois, Eva Anna Juskauskas , born 11-Dec-1888 in Simonas, Lithuania, (daughter of Charles Juskauskas and Helen Stolinas ) died 27-Jan-1965 in Racine, Racine County, Wisconsin, [ix] ) buried 30-Jan-1965 in St. John's Church Cem. Paris, Wis., [x] obituary 28-Jan-1965 in Racine Journal Times, Racine, Wisconsin, [xi] , [xii] immigrated 1912 to USA, Eva : Supposed to have come to U.S. through Port of New York on June 24, 1912, and was going to Jackson, Michigan, to her brother John Juskauskas. This info is from a copy of a Statement of Facts in preparation for a Petition for Naturalization. It never was filed. She was a member of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Paris Township. She had a brother John Juskauskas.
9. i. Helen Leona Osilius born 26-Jan-1918.
10. ii. Eva Bernice Osilius born 28-May-1919.
11. iii. Anthony "Tony" Stephan Osilius born 26-Dec-1920.
iv. John Osilius , born 14-Dec-1922 in Kenosha, Kenosha County, Wisconsin, died 05-Apr-1923 in Kenosha, Kenosha County, Wisconsin, [xiii] buried 07-Apr-1923 in St. George Cemetery, Kenosha, Wis., obituary 06-Apr-1923 in Kenosha Evening News, [xiv]
12. v. Rose Osilius born 13-Jan-1924.
13. vi. Valeria Osilius born 10-May-1925.
vii. Edward Osilius , born 11-Oct-1926 in Kenosha, Kenosha County, Wisconsin, died 14-Oct-1926 in Kenosha, Kenosha County, Wisconsin, [xv] buried 16-Oct-1926 in St. George Cemetery, Kenosha, Wis.
6. William Grinius born 18-Jan-1890 in Lithuania. Died 24-Sep-1965, Winnebago Co., ILL., Buried 28-Sep-1965, Greenwood Cemetery, Rockford, ILL.He married Mary born Lithuania. There is a family listed in the 1920 census of Denning, Franklin County, Illinois that matches in most respects the known data on William. The information from family members is that William married and had two children and lived in Clinton, Ind.
He Married (2) 30-Nov-1922 in Winnebago Co., Ill Mary Ann Lapinski born 01-Apr-1905 in Illinois. Died 21-May-1978, Winnebago Co. ILL, buried 25-May-1978, Greenwood Cemetery, Rockford, ILL.
i. William Grinius born about 1911 in Lithuania
ii. Irene Grinius
7. Vincent Carl Kondreck , (Marijona 3 Karpauskaite, Katarina 2 Lelasius, Mr. Lelasius1 ) born 26-Apr-1916 in Jenette, Pennsylvania, (see note 14) died 24-Apr-1999 in Manitowoc County Healthcare Center, [xvi] buried 28-Apr-1999 in Immaculate Conception Cem. Sheboygan, WI, obituary 26-Apr-1999 in Sheboygan Press, [xvii] military WWII US Army. Lived in Sheboygan, Wisconsin for many years.
He married, 27-May-1944 in Denver, Colorado, Kathryn Way, (daughter of Frank Way10088 and Clara Brady)10089 died 29-Nov-1984 in Lake Kushman, Washington,, [xviii] , [xix] , born 06-Nov-1919 [xx]in Fairbanks, Shawno County, Wisconsin, buried 03-Dec-1984 in Immaculate Conception Cemetery, obituary 30-Nov-1984 in Sheboygan Press. Katheryn: SSDI lists her last residence as Hoodsport, Mason, Washington.
i. James Kondrek , born 02-Jul-19__ in Sheboygan, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin. Twins. In 1999 lived in Plymouth, WI. He married Darla .
ii. John Kondrek , born 02-Jul-19__ in Sheboygan, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin. In 1999 lived in Sheboygan, WI. He married Nancy .
iii. Victoria "Vicki" Kondreck , born 18-Jul-19__ in Sheboygan, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin. In 1999 lived in Sheboygan, WI. She married Dennis Haag .
iv. Steve Kondreck , born __-Nov-19__ in Sheboygan, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin. In 1999, lived in Fon du Lac, WI. He married 08-May-1976 Karen Kotnik in Sheboygan, Wis.
8. Ursula Constance Kondreckis , (Marijona 3 Karpauskaite, Katarina 2 Lelasius, Mr. Lelasius1 ) born 02-Jul-1920 in Wilson, Pennsylvania, died 22-Jun-2006 in Fontana, San Bernardino Co., California, obituary 24-Jun-2006 in The Press-Enterprise, [xxi] , [xxii] buried in Montecito Memorial Park, Colton, CA. They Lived in Sheboygan, Wis. and then moved to Fontana, California as of July 13, 1956..
She married 31-Dec-1949 in Sheboygan, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, (see note 18) John Bakas , born 01-Jan-1924 in Rasenai, Lithuania, [xxiii] died 27-Aug-1995 in Fontana, San Bernardino Co., California, [xxiv] buried 30-Aug-1995 in Desert Lawn Cemetery, Calimesa, Ca., [xxv] Obituary in Fontana, California newspaper ?, [xxvi] . John : Lived in Sheboygan and when he was laid off moved to Fontana, California in July 1956. He was a World War II veteran and a member of the American Legion in Fontana, California, The Fontana Moose Lodge and St. George's Catholic Chirch in Fontana. He is mentioned as a native of Rasenai, Lithuania in his obituary. He had started work at Kaiser Steel and retired after 23 years of service. He had battled cancer for some time and died at his home.
i. John Vytas Bakas , born 01-Mar-1951
ii. Aleksandra "Sandi" Lysru Bakas , born 07-Aug-1952
14. iii. Paul Kestutis Bakas born 27-Nov-1953.
iv. Robert Algis Bakas , born 22-Jun-1955 He married 05-Apr-1986 in San Bernardino, California, Julie Bougie , (daughter of Edward Bougie and Marie ).
15. v. Marija "Mary" Katherine Bakas born 10-Jul-1958.
vi. David V. Bakas , born 29-Oct-1961 He married Jo Ann .
9. Helen Leona Osilius , (Anton Peter 3 , Magdelena 2 Lelasius, Mr. 1 ) born 26-Jan-1918 in Waukegan, Lake County, Illinois, died 02-Jan-1996 in Marshfield, Wood County, Wisconsin, buried 06-Jan-1996 in Bayview Cemetery, Necedah, Wisconsin, obituary 04-Jan-1996 in Racine Journal Times & Kenosha News newspapers, [xxviii] , [xxix] . Shortly after she was born her parents moved from Waukegan, Illinois to Kenosha, Wisconsin. She attended school in Kenosha and then school in Paris Township from 1929 on. Her parents sold their house in Kenosha moved to a farm on the southeastern corner of Kenosha-Racine County Line Road (KR) and 172nd Street.
After she married she lived in various places. For a while she lived in Waukegan and then in an old farm house in Racine County almost across the street from her parents farm. In 1985 she moved to the Necedah, Wisconsin area.
She married (1) 27-Aug-1935 in Kenosha, Kenosha County, Wisconsin, [xxx] divorced By 1955, Julius "Murphy" John Vines , born 28-Nov-1888 in Lithuania, (son of Joseph Vineouskus and Anna Judubauscous ) died 12-Jan-1957 in Pleasant Prairie, Kenosha Co., Wisconsin, [xxxi] buried 16-Jan-1957 in Sunset Ridge Cemetery, Kenosha, Kenosha County, Wisconsin, [xxxii] obituary 14-Jan-1957 in Kenosha Evening News, [xxxiii] . Julius : He worked chiefly as a farm laborer. He was killed in a hit and run accident about a block from his home on Cooper Road.
16. i. Julius John Vines born 28-Sep-1935.
17. ii. Charles Richard Vines born 16-Sep-1937.
18. iii. Helen Vines born 26-May-1939.
19. iv. Anthony Vines born 30-Jun-1940.
v. Edward "Sony" Chester Vines , born 20-Jan-1943 He married 13-Jul-1974 in Kenosha, Kenosha County, Wisconsin, Elaine Phyllis Heide , born 11-Jan-1947 , (daughter of Arthur Heide and Gladys Smith ).
20. vi. Johanna Vines born 11-Jun-1944.
21. vii. Mary Jean Vines born 18-Oct-1945.
Partner Eddie Daniecke .
22. viii. Sophie Newstrom born 20-Oct-1947.
She married (3) 02-Jun-1955 in Waukegan, Lake County, Illinois, divorced Dec-1979, Ray Newstrom , born 27-Dec-1917 in Ironwood, Michigan.
23. ix. Patricia "Dolly" Newstrom born 13-May-1957.
24. x. Raymond Newstrom born 23-Sep-1959.
xi. Robert John Newstrom , born 08-Jun-1963
25. xii. Leona Helen Newstrom born 12-Sep-1964
10. Eva Osilius , (Anton Peter 3 , Magdelena 2 Lelasius, Mr. Lelasius1 ) born 28-May-1919 in Kenosha, Kenosha County, Wisconsin, died 13-May-2001 in Kenosha, Kenosha County, Wisconsin, buried 17-May-2001 in Sunset Ridge Cemetery, Kenosha, Wis., obituary 16-May-2001 in Kenosha News, [xxxv] .
She married 28-June-1947 in Kenosha, Kenosha County, Wisconsin, [xxxvi] , [xxxvii] Raleigh Abrahamson , born 05-Oct-1911 in Dovre, Barron County, Wisconsin, [xxxviii] (son of John Lars Abrahamson and Clara Josephine Arneson ) died 01-Nov-1999 in Kenosha, Kenosha County, Wisconsin, [xxxix] buried 04-Nov-1999 in Sunset Ridge Cemetery, Kenosha, Wis., obituary 04-Nov-1999 in Kenosha News, [xl]
26. i. John Abrahamson born 03-Jan-1951.
ii. Robert Abrahamson , born 05-Feb-1953. He married 15-Jun-1991,Carolyn Ann Fonk Kole , born 02-Apr-1944, (daughter of Clarence Fonk and Celeste Richter ).
11. Anthony "Tony" Stephan Osilius , (Anton Peter 3 , Magdelena 2 Lelasius, Mr. Lelasius1 ) born 26-Dec-1920 in Kenosha, Kenosha County, Wisconsin. See notes for additional information
He married (1) in Racine, Racine County, Wisconsin, divorced Lucille Schultz .
He married (2) 22-Oct-1955 in Sturtevant, Racine County, Wisconsin, Lucy Klein , born 22-Oct-1931 in Racine, Racine County, Wisconsin, (daughter of Wilhelm Gustav Klein and Florence Rechman ). Lucy : She spent her early years in Sturtevant and attended Sturtevant Grade School and then Park High School in Racine. She worked as a cook at her parents restaurant in Sturtevant, Smitty's Restaurant on Douglas Avenue and then Carvel's Ice Cream Store on Lathrop near 21st Street in Racine. She has been selling Avon products for a number of years and she has now started selling Stanley items.
i. Tom Joseph Osilius , born 23-Aug-1962.
27. ii. Michelle Christine Osilius born 30-Sep-1963.
12. Rose Osilius , (Anton Peter 3 , Magdelena 2 Lelasius, Mr. Lelasius1 ) born 13-Jan-1924 in Kenosha, Kenosha County, Wisconsin, died 13-Jan-1992, buried 16-Jan-1992 in Arbutus Lutheran Church Cemetery, Pearson, Langlade County, Wisconsin, obituary 15-Jan-1992 in The Journal Times, Racine, Wis., [xliv] , [xlv] . They lived north of Kenosha, Wisconsin, on Wood Road. They built a beautiful home near Crandon, Wisconsin. She died after a long battle with Parkinson's Disease.
She married 12-Dec-1953 in Racine, Racine County, Wisconsin, George E. Christopherson , born 06-Aug-1925 in Racine, Racine County, Wisconsin, (son of John Christopherson and Emilie Peterson ). George : During WWII he served in the Army. He was wounded in the knee during "The Battle Of The Bulge" when a German gun knocked out the tank he was riding on. He was evacuated to England and while he was recovering the Germans bombed the hospital he was in. He worked in the accounting department of Walker's in Racine, Wis. After his retirement they spent much time in their summer home in Crandon, Wis. After Rose died, he married Darlene Gleason on January 31, 1993. They now spend their summers in Crandon and their winters in Texas.
28. i. Gloria Christopherson born 01-Jan-1955.
29. ii. Carol Christopherson born 15-Dec-1956.
iii. David Christopherson , born 24-Jun-1958
30. iv. Bruce Christopherson born 29-Jul-1963.
13. Valeria Osilius , (Anton Peter 3 , Magdelena 2 Lelasius, Mr. Lelasius1 ) born 10-May-1925 in Kenosha, Kenosha County, Wisconsin.On soime documents her name is listed as "Walydia." See notes for added information.
She married 09-Sep-1949 in Waukegan, Lake County, Illinois, George Bianchi , born 12-Dec-1919 in Norway, Michigan, (son of Carlo Bianchi and Maria Sunta Salina ). George : He served in the US Navy in World War II as an aircraft mechanic. After the war he became an auto mechanic. The story is that he met Val when he worked on her car. He was employed by Huntoon Buick in Kenosha, Wis. and later by Stan Lock Buick until his retirement in 1983 at the age of 64. He also had a part part time repair shop that he ran from a large garage at his home.
31. i. Donna Marie Carla Bianchi born 03-Nov-1959.
ii. Lisa Ann Bianchi , born 15-May-1969
< Previous Page - Home - Index - Next Page >
[i] Obituary says he was born July 22, 1890 but his Petition for Naturalization lists Aug. 20, 1890.
[iv] Death Certificate, Kenosha County Court House, Kenosha, WI., Vol. 38, p. 317.
[v] St. John's Catholic Church Cemetery, Paris. Kenosha County, Wis.
. OSILIUS Eva A. - 1889 - 1965 Anton P. - 1890 - 1971 Married - 19 Feb 1917
[vi] Racine Journal Times, Racine, Racine Co., WI , Friday, January 15, 1971, p. 7B,.
. [ix] Death Certificate, Racine County Court House, Racine, WI, Died at Westview Nursing Home. Vol. 77, p. 384.
[x] St. John's Catholic Church Cemetery, Paris. Kenosha County, Wis. .
[xi] Racine Journal Times, Racine, Racine Co., WI , Thursday, Jan. 28, 1965. p. 6D.
[xii] Kenosha Evening News, Kenosha, Wisconsin , January 1965.
[xiii] Death Certificate, Kenosha County Court House, Kenosha, WI., Vol. 10, p. 1252,.
[xiv] Kenosha Evening News, Kenosha, Wisconsin , Friday, April 6, 1923, p.7.
[xv] Death Certificate, Kenosha County Court House, Kenosha, WI., Vol. 12, p. 32.
[xvi] Social Security Death Index .
[xvii] Sheboygan Press, Sheboygan, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin , Monday, April 26, 1999, page A2.
[xviii] Date and location was from a Christmas card from Vincent Kondreck postmarked Dec 8, 1984. Supplemental data from SSDI
. [xix] Social Security Death Index (Rootsweb.com), KATHRYN KONDRECK 06 Nov 1919 Nov 1984 98548 (Hoodsport, Mason, WA) (none specified) 390-12-9302 Wisconsin.
[xx] Social Security Death Index .
[xxi] Sandy Bakas, From letter in Christmas card December 2006.
[xxii] The Press-Enterprise (June 24, 2006).
[xxiii] Birth date is from a funeral memorial card.
[xxiv] California Death Records (http://vitals.rootsweb,com/ca/death/search.cgi).
[xxv] Memorial/Remembrance card from the funeral.
[xxvi] Obituary from unknown newspaper .
[xxviii] Racine Journal Times, Racine, Racine Co., WI , Thursday, January 4, 1996, page 2B.
[xxix] Kenosha News, Kenosha, Wisconsin , Thursday, January 4, 1996.
[xxx] Marriage Certificate, Kenosha County, Kenosha WI , Vol. 20, p. 495.
[xxxi] Death Certificate, Kenosha County Court House, Kenosha, WI., Vol. 27, p. 4,.
[xxxii] Sunset Ridge Cemetery, Kenosha, Wisconsin , Have photo of grave marker.
[xxxiii] Kenosha Evening News, Kenosha, Wisconsin , Mon. Jan. 14, 1957, p. 1, Kenosha, Wis. Also Jan. 15th edition.
[xxxiv] wedding invitation.
[xxxv] Kenosha News, Kenosha, Wisconsin , Kenosha, Wisconsin
WEDNESDAY, MAY 16, 2001, Page C2
[xxxvi] Kenosha News, Kenosha, Wisconsin , Kenosha Evening News, Monday, June 30, 1947, page 4.
[xxxvii] Marriage Certificate, Kenosha County, Kenosha WI , Vol. 85, #169.
[xxxviii] Birth Certificate, Barron County Court House, Barron, Wisconsin, Vol. 7, Page 37.
[xxxix] Death Certificate, Kenosha County Court House, Kenosha, WI., Vol. 83, p. 118.
[xl] Kenosha News, Kenosha, Wisconsin , Thursday, November 4, 1999, page C2, Column 5.
[xlii] Baptismal Certificate.
[xliv] Racine Journal Times, Racine, Racine Co., WI , Wednesday, January 15, 1992, p. 4A,.
[xlv] Kenosha News, Kenosha, Wisconsin , Wednesday, January 15, 1992, Page 27.
< Previous Page - Home - Index - Next Page >